Saturday 17 December 2011

Allsorts Challenge - Blue and Brown

Good Morning Everyone

Apparently it has been on the radio today that it is called panic shopping Saturday!  and that people will spend a billion pound over the weekend on Christmas shopping - are you one of these people!!  I hope that the answer is no and that you are all sorted and ready for the big day.  Before then though you need to check out the Allsorts Challenge for this week and the sample here is my little offering, I hope that you like my take on the Blue and Brown Challenge.

It is a very easy and simple design but refreshing after all the gold, silver, red and greens that we have all been playing with since goodness nows when!  I chose not to stamp the image today as this gorgeous Sarah Kay decoupage was shouting out from the cupboard and was perfect to start off my challenge card as the colours were perfect.  I have also used a blank card and edged it with the classic bracket edgeability and inked it with Tumbled Glass distress ink.  The other Spellbinder that I used is the eyelet circle, I love to use this one as you can thread ribbon, twine, raffia through to enhance it further.  The papers (I think) are Basic Grey - they were bits I had (BTW this is going to be a New Years Resolution - use up bits of paper!!!)  The other cardstock that I used was Kanban's sherbert pips.

I hope that you like the design pop a quick comment in if you are not one of the millions going shopping today!  Also pop over to the Allsorts Challenge blog to check out the other DT creations for lots of inspiration before you crack on with yours!

Enjoy a lovely weekend and take care,
bye for now
Jo x                                                      

10 comments:

  1. Morning Jo

    I love this SK image, one I go back to time and again. And she looks just lovely here on a really great layout.

    Have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Jo, thanks for your lovely comment. I'm not a panic buyer (as such) but I have done all my christmas shopping and now panicking that it's not enough LOL.
    HUGZ Fleur xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spotted this on the Allsorts Challenge Blog - lovely! I do love the Sarah Kay images. I did blue & brown twice for challenges last week so will have to think of another design with that palette. Shouldn't be too hard - love that colour combo. I'm not shopping today - playing instead. Much more rewarding! Love, Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Jo, love the Sarah Kay decoupaged image and your card design!
    Happy Christmas :)
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful, I adore this colour and the image is so pretty
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so Pretty, I love Sarah Kay. The colours are perfect. I went for a mooch round a small, very quiet town yesterday, therefore avoiding any crowds - it was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. barr humbug to Christmas shopping would rather be sat making cards and saving the money to spend on crafting goodies but i love the card Jo
    your designs blow me away everytime

    Merry Christmas to you and your family

    Pauline B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Jo. Love the colour scheme. Did most of my shopping online to save money so I can buy more craft bits. - Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card again. Oh I do miss you all and you are doing so well on the TV. Wishing you and everyone at the shop a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year
    love catherine and the gang xx

    ReplyDelete