Saturday 9 February 2013

Week 193 - Valentines

Good Morning Crafters,

Well that's another busy week been and gone couldn't believe it when I realised it was Saturday again!
At least the weather has behaved this week and we have been able to hold the workshops as usual at the shop - yesterday being a full day class making Masculine cards.  A lot of laughs as usual  - a great day.
Today we have got the lovely Maria Maidment coming in to teach Painting techniques on Parchment and I am a pupil!  I love this class and love that I can sit and play along with everyone else.
The next week is going to be a mega busy one again as I have the fabulous job of demonstrating the Blockbuster products being launched on Create and Craft on Tuesday evening at 10pm.
At this moment in time I'm afraid that I cant share my excitement totally but will definitely be posting again nearer the time with a little taster !

Back to the matter in hand today our lovely teamie Helene has chosen this weeks Challenge for Allsorts and it really cant be more fitting for the time of year  ................................

Valentine

and here is my design for this challenge


I love the traditional black and red colours for Valentine designs and this is no exception.
The card size is 8" x 8" and I have used some Hobby Fun fabric to cover a piece of red cardstock to make the backing paper.  I feels like suede - it is a shame we dont have touchy feely PC's! 
The hearts on the left side are foiled rub-ons that I have matted and layered up.
I have embossed the pearl rectangle with a hearts cuttle bug folder and decorated it with ribbon, feathers and some paper roses.  Some swirly pearls finish the decoration off. I have added a sentiment and stamped this onto one of the smaller dies from the Timeless Rectangles Spellbinder set.

I hope that you like my design, if you do please comment and let me know what you think.
I hope that you all have a very romantic Valentine's Day.
Pop over to the Allsorts Challenge Blog to check out the other Team Members designs and have a go and join in this week's challenge.
I promise I will be popping back to show you some sneeky peeks that I have done for the forthcoming blockbuster - check the blog out on Sunday evening.

Hope that you have a lovely weekend
Bye for now and thankyou for popping in
Jo xx




19 comments:

  1. What a stunning card Jo....is Mark getting that one? I love the fabric, so hope you've got some in the shop.

    Take care
    Carolyn B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jo. Looking forward to the programmes. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh very nice i would love to get this card from my hubby xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jo I like "clean" and fresh looking creations. Best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those feathers and Roses give it a real Parisien feel Jo, it's a really lovely creation.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jo. Love the fabric background.
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi JO Love the card you are so talented hope Mark makes one for you
    Love and hugs
    Pauline B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi jo what a stunning valentines card and yes I wish I could feel it!! Lol looking forward to your spell binders blockbuster shows next week. Love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card look fantastic .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunner Jo - love the dramatic colour combo and the floral bouquet is beautiful.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jo, your card is beautiful, gorgeous layout and colours, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Jo, so rich and opulent Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fantastic card Jo and beautiful embellishments. Hope you all had a great time at the workshop today and will catch the show next week.
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. great card, its so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jo,This design is lovely.hope you don`t mind me copying for my Hubby.Can`t wait for blockbuster.
    xJackie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh this is stunning! I am looking forward to the Blockbuster and am waiting for the sneaky peek! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card and the traditional colours, the black overlay works so well. Beautifully embellished.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning jo youve done it again another stunning card i love it. Youve just given me a idea for card as my son as asked me to make his card for his girl friend so now i know what to do. Xxx

    ReplyDelete