Saturday 8 June 2013

Week - In the Garden

Hello Blogger Friends!

How are you all? I hope that you have all had a fabulous week.
A busy one as usual for me.  I attended the Age Uk Summer Festival at the Petwood Hotel in Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire.  What an excellent event and I gave a 45 minute talk and demonstration which was really well received.  
Yesterday I had an excellent show on C and C representing Crafty Notions with the fabulous Nigel May.
We also travelled across to Wales where I am demonstrating today at Dandie Crafts, Caerphilly.  If you live in the area please pop in it should be a great day and they have promised some very tasty cup cakes!!

This week at the Allsorts Challenge has been set by Catherine and is .....
In The Garden

This is one of the projects that I have made to demonstrate today at Dandie Crafts.  The Poppy stamp is from Fun Stamps and stamps out really well.  I have coloured it using pro-markers.  The image was stamped onto board that was crackled using acrylic paints and pva glue.  Crafty Notions flake (Pirates Treasure) was added to the edges using Crafty Notions pva glue to adhere it down.
The background was created using Chloe stamps Lattice and Sepia Adirondack ink.  Creative Expressions Gold pearl glue has been dotted in between each line.  Again, I have edged the background with flake.
The tag has been made and stamped using an Inkilicious stamp .  A few gems and ribbon finish off the design.
I hope that you like it.  Please leave a comment - I would really appreciate to hear what you think about this weeks challenge and my take on it.
Also please pop over to the Allsorts Challenge Blog to check out all the other Team's work.
Thankyou also to our sponsors this week.
I must dash as we have planned to meet with Deb and Mandy for a cooked breakfast before the demo day begins.  What a way to start a fabulous day!
I hope that you have a great weekend, the weather man says it is going to be great weather (we will see!)
Thankyou so much for popping by,
Bye for now
Jo xxx

19 comments:

  1. A very pretty card jo. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and the gilded accent looks fab. Hope you enjoyed the Full English!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous, what a website it iѕ! Тhіs wеbsite
    gіveѕ helpful infoгmation to us, keep
    it up.

    Here is my sіte ... buy SEOPressor V5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, I haven't had much success with the acrylic/pva crackle but I keep trying. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo,
    dein Motiv finde ich sehr schön,du hast das Thema ganz toll umgesetzt,
    liebe Grüße Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation Jo, I love the poppy stamp, fab design too.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely work Jo. I love the poppy stamp and the colours you have put together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jo What a busy week you have had, loving this card really like the verse it's you to a tee so very true in your case
    Love and hugs
    Pauline B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, Jo! That is totally Gorgeous! A fabulous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card Jo and hope you enjoyed my challenge theme this week. have a great time demonstrating
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so late getting here Jo, please forgive, but didn't want to miss the opportunity to say how much I love your card this week, the colours and texture are fabulous.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card! Your c and c show was fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning card Jo

    Carolyn B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Jo. Your crackle's great and the flakes set it all off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stephen Rannazzisi as Kevin Mac - Arthur, a district attorney; league commissioner.
    Amongst initial releases will be Nixon and the Twilight movies.
    However, Play - On does allow developers to make custom channels that you can load onto
    your server.

    Here is my web blog; roku 2 xs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic to meet you last sat at Dandie Crafts...the three of us have already signed up to do your class in November...take care, Ailsa norma & Emma.:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the poppy stamp. I really like the color of that background; that is a great effect of the Chloe stamp lattice. The flake really adds to the background as well, I am a fan of putting some color around the border. I really love how the poem finishes the card off.


    http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete