Saturday 3 May 2014

Week 257 - Butterflies

Hello My Crafty Friends

I hope that this post finds you all well and looking forward to another long weekend! Well didn't that come round quickly! Another busy week at the shop with some great workshops using the PaperArtsy stamp range and tomorrow another workshop using the melt pot - really looking forward to this and if you pop back to the blog tomorrow I will show you what we will be doing. I am really chuffed with the canvas I have put together. I just feel my way with real arty stuff but really enjoy it and I am a big believer in thinking that if you are enjoying what you are doing that is everything. ( it's great if it looks ok too but that's a bonus!!!) 

Well back to the job in hand today. Our lovely Tracey has challenged us to use .................

Butterflies

In our project this week and we all know that this is a trade mark for any crafter and plays a great part in a project that has a little error on it as it is a great cover up!!!! 

I have chosen this project to show you - 

        
I have used one of the new die sets from Sue Wilson's range from Creative Expressions. ( I'm sorry a bit rubbish but don't have the name of the set) the stamp has been designed to match the die.  I embossed the image with black embossing powder and then coloured the background with several colours of distress inks.  I love using black with these rich colours and I hope that you like it too. 

Our sponsors this week are
            
Digistamp  and   Nice crane      

Thankyou both for your generosity. 

Please pop over to the Allsorts Challenge blog to check out the other team members ideas for this weeks theme.    
Thankyou, as ever, for popping by to see this week's post, please leave a comment and pop by tomorrow to have a peep at what we got up to in the Melt Pot class today! X

Bye for now and take care,
Jo xx                                          

7 comments:

  1. Great card again Jo, love the choice of background colours!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely bold card - definitely a happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Jo, the black makes it very striking against the colours, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Jo love the stamp and the dies are gorgeous too. Looking forward to seeing your project tomorrow x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo love this weeks card ----- looking forward to tomorrows post as melt pot and air-dry clay are my new craze
    love and hugs
    Pauline B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou everyone for all of your lovely comments. I am just putting together the post and photographs from tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jo
    Beautiful creation, love the stamping and a beautiful layout too.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete