Saturday 7 June 2014

Week 262 - Allsorts Challenge - One Layer Card

Good Morning Everyone!

How are you all? I hope the answer is fit and well!
 
Well what a busy week since we last caught up. I had an excellent show on Create and Craft with the Hobby House goodies - the first show since February - I felt like the new girl!  Mark and I went to the Hunkydory show at Bolton running a workshop all day Friday and make and takes Saturday and Sunday.  This was a fabulous show and the organisation was first class. Thankyou to Ann, Dan and Adam and all of the Hunkydory Team for making us feel so welcome.
All of the crafters who attended enjoyed the show and are looking forward to next year!
 
I have some fabulous photographs which I will be putting on next week - we met some lovely people and some very special youngsters also.  Look out for these early next week.
 
This mornings job is to show you what I have designed for the Allsorts Challenge this week and it is my week to host.
I have chosen the theme -
 
"Make a One Layered Card"
 
and this is the card that I would like to show you -
 
 
I have used a mixture of some of my favourites stamps from Paper Artsy - these are from the JOFY collection.  They are such fun stamps to use as they are quirky, bright and so cheerful.
I forgot to send a very good and kind friend a birthday card ((I know!!!! bad) and I have made this to hopefully make up for it!
Hope that you forgive me Wendy!!
I used pro-markers to colour the stamped images and distress inks around the edges to create a soft outline.
The middle section where the sentiment is was masked off whilst I stamped the flowers and then I coloured this with Distress ink.
I finished the design off with glitter glue and glossy accents to highlight various areas.
A little bit of doodling on the edge of the border just finishes everything off.
 
Please pop over to the Allsorts Challenge Blog to check out the other design members designs - they are all excellent examples of one layer cards.
Have a bash at it too - we have a lovely sponsor -
Craft Bug
 
We are at Inspirations in Preston today doing a demonstration and if you are in the area please pop in - it will be lovely to see you.
 
Must dash now or the customers will be there before me!!
Take care and enjoy a lovely weekend.
 
Bye for now
Jo xx
 
 
 


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jo, love the scene you've created x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jo and a lovely challenge too.
    x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jo. Lovely colours. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been so busy since my last visit Jo!
    I really like paperartsy stamps and love what you have done with your card- so cheery.
    Take care and take time to breathe!!
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love this card Jo, it has an almost magical feel to it with the soft inking and funky flowers.

    Hope the weekend is a good one.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Jo, been missing you on C&C...hope you will be back doing Spellbinders as well, you were so missed with those shows. I missed your show, but hopefully it will still be on their catch up. Your card is fabulous...I love paperartsy and especially JOFY stamps, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card ...love the colours together .......x
    Happy crafting ....x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! It was great to meet you at Inspirations :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great theme Jo, thanks. Fabulous card, love the images and the beautiful text.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card - love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete