Thursday 25 September 2014

Day 4 - Christmas Inspiration

Hello again Crafters,

Day 4 of Christmas inspiration has arrived and I have a really quick and very simple card to hopefully get your mojo going for your Christmas makes.

The is the Nativity scene from Crafter's Companion Create a Card dies.  
I have cut and embossed it once on black Centura Pearl which is ideal to use for this traditional scene. It is a must to emboss it as well as cut as you get all of the fine detail.
I have used guilding flakes onto double sided adhesive for the background - I'm not sure if you can get the real feel of this from the photograph.  Gold gems dotted around gives it a bit of bling. I matted both layers onto cream cardstock and then onto a 7" ivory cardblank.
This is one of Friday's workshop cards and hope they enjoy making it as much as I did.
Thank you for popping by again and hope you can leave a comment,
See you tomorrow,
Bye for now
Jo xx

10 comments:

  1. Good morning Jo, I must say I didn't realise you could get Centura pearl in black but it is so effective for the silhouette. I assume quite a quick project. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JO Good card if you have loads to do could be done in loads of colours too.
    love and hugs
    Pauline B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo, as you know I love this die and so quick and so many variations can be made, love the gilding flakes idea.

    Jeanx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Jo !
    Love the silhouette ,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guten Morgen!
    Deine Karte ist wunderschön und so langsam muss man wirklich an die Weihnachtskarten und den Advent denken. Liebe Grüße - Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card....I've not seen centura pearll in black before so will have to buy some next time I come to the shop.
    Carol B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jo, love this card & really enjoyed making it on Wednesday at class. Roz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this die,, it make such nice cards x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous creation and love the use of the guilding flakes.

    ReplyDelete